DFH Complete Multi™ with Copper is a full-spectrum multivitamin with Albion chelated minerals for maximum absorption and bioavailability. This powerhouse multivitamin supplies supportive nutrients not normally found in regular multis, such as delta and gamma tocotrienols, TMG, and fruit bioflavanoids. This formula also contains natural mixed carotenoids, a full spectrum of vitamin K forms, and levels of B vitamins based on evolutionary intake of these nutrients, which support healthy cell replication and are higher than RDA/RDI values. This version contains 2 mg of copper as copper glycinate chelate, a stabilized mineral chelate from Albion Minerals that reduces the risk of free copper in the body, which can cause oxidative stress. This multi is iron and iodine free.
Recommended Use: As a dietary supplement, take six capsules per day, two with each meal, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
DFH Complete Multi™ with Copper contains a significant dose of all the B vitamins that are easily depleted by stress (B12 in the preferred methylcobalamin form), 1000 IU of vitamin D, 500 mcg of vitamin K-1 (phytonadione), 50 mcg of vitamin K-2 (menaquinone), and calcium and magnesium in a 1:2 ratio. Selenium is included for healthy thyroid function.
Functions of copper include:
• Development of immune cells
• Proper metabolism, absorption, and transport of iron
• Formation of collagen -helps to keep skin firm, benefits wound healing
• Energy production – due to its role in iron mobilization, the formation of hemoglobin and RBCs, and in the transport of oxygen throughout the body
• Maintenance of blood vessels
• Melanin formation
• Myelin sheath formation/maintenance
DFH Complete Multi™ with Copper may be beneficial for:
• Copper-deficiency anemia
• Copper deficiencies sometimes seen with gastric bypass patients (copper is absorbed in the duodenum and proximal jejunum, and is poorly absorbed when a significant portion of the proximal small intestine is bypassed)
• Restless Leg Syndrome
• Those on high dose, long-term supplementation of zinc (50 mg/day or more), as this may lead to a deficiency in copper
• Men and postmenopausal women, as these groups are likely to have adequate amounts of iron intake and storage levels
This is a powerhouse multi! Two capsules with each meal is the recommended dosage.
** These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
DAIRY FREE VEGETARIAN GLUTEN FREE SOY FREE NON-GMO HEAT SENSITIVE
Designs for Health - Complete Multi
DFH Complete Multi™ is a full-spectrum multivitamin/mineral with chelated minerals for enhanced absorption and bioavailability.
It is available in three varieties to suit a range of individual needs: a formula free of copper and iron, a formula that contains copper, and one that contains both copper and iron.
This powerhouse multivitamin was designed to augment a healthy diet and supplies supportive nutrients not normally found in regular multis, such as delta and gamma tocotrienols, and fruit bioflavanoids. It also contains natural mixed carotenoids, a full spectrum of vitamin K forms, and levels of B vitamins based on evolutionary intake of these nutrients. These specially designed products include select minerals in chelated form. Chelation is the bonding of minerals to amino acids, which results in molecules that are more bioavailable and better absorbed and assimilated by the body.
Highlights B Vitamins:
B vitamins are essential for numerous biochemical reactions in the body, including those involved in converting food into energy, producing neurotransmitters such as dopamine and serotonin, and supporting healthy neurological and cognitive function.* These B vitamins are provided in their natural and/or activated forms for superior bioavailability.
provided as a naturally occurring folate, an easily absorbed form that helps to support healthy plasma folate levels. (Most mass-marketed supplements contain folic acid, which may have undesirable effects.)
Vitamins K1 and K2:
provided as vitamin K1 and vitamin K2 (as MK-4 and MenaQ7® Full Spectrum as MK-6, MK-7, MK-9). Vitamin K is best known for its role in proper blood clotting, which is the principal role of K1, as well as provided by K2. The K2 form, however, is specifically needed for healthy bones and teeth, as well as proper blood vessel integrity and function.*
provided as gamma- and delta-tocotrienols, which are more potent antioxidants and have other beneficial properties beyond those of the alpha-tocopherol fraction of vitamin E typically contained in commercial supplements.
provided as ascorbic acid, at higher levels than in most multivitamins. This generous amount may help support numerous roles for vitamin C such as a healthy immune system, skin and blood vessels, synthesis of collagen, aiding in iron absorption and metabolism of catecholamines such as dopamine and adrenaline.*
Hesperidin, Rutin, Quercetin:
bioflavonoids and antioxidants found in citrus fruits (hesperidin) and various other foods regarded for their health benefits, such as olives, raspberries, plums, currants, grapes and asparagus (rutin), and apples, red onion, cranberries, kale (quercetin).
How to Take: Take four capsules per day with meals, or as directed by your health care practitioner.
• DFH Complete Multi™ with Copper and Iron: recommended for those who have suboptimal intake or absorption of iron and copper and/or experience periodic bleeding (such as menstruating women)
• DFH Complete Multi™ with Copper: recommended for those with adequate intake and absorption of iron but who may benefit from additional copper
• DFH Complete Multi™ (Copper and Iron-Free): recommended for postmenopausal females and for men with adequate intakes and absorption of iron and copper
Recommended Use: Take three capsules twice per day with a meal, or as directed by your health care practitioner